Having been privileged to help their clients reach their financial goals and dreams, Ray and his team feel responsible for making our community a better place for all its residents. Ray frequently volunteers his time and resources in a variety of ways including:
- Mentorship and training for younger or inexperienced financial represenatives
- Teacher of financial basics to graduating professionals (MDs, Physician's Assistants, local college students)
- Sponsor of the Quinnipiac Men's Ice Hockey annual team jersey framing and presentation
Ray Kubick, CFP® donates to the Quinnipiac Men's Hockey Team
Ray believes strongly in giving back to his community. So when he was asked to support his alma mater, Quinnipiac University, he felt very fortunate that he could give back to the school that gave so much to him. In addition to being a 1988 Quinnipiac graduate, Ray Kubick is also a men's hockey season ticket holder.
On April 20th, Ray Kubick was invited to the 2012-2013 annual season banquet to speak to the graduating seniors as well as the friends and family of Quinnipiac hockey. This night consisted of team awards, recognition of the team’s accomplishments, and a featured speech from Quinnipiac President, John Lahe
This year, the Quinnipiac hockey team won the most games in program history - 30 - on their way to the NCAA Frozen Four and the National Championship game. As a gift to all the graduating seniors of the hockey team, Ray Kubick has framed the hockey jerseys, for them to enjoy as a memory.
Steve Forbes on "Econo-ME: Ensuring Your Financial Security in the New Normal"
Ray and a special group of our clients and friends were fortunate enough to meet and spend an afternoon with Steve Forbes, chairman and editor in chief of Forbes Media. He shared his thoughts on our economy, the markets, and how individuals and business owners can ensure their financial security in the new normal. Steve's three day tour saw over 4,000 attendees in total and included panel discussions in Miami and Palm Beach, FL; Washington, DC; Hartford, CT; Raleigh and Charlotte, NC; and Milwaukee, WI. In Hartford, where there were over 600 in attendance. Key insights presented at the events were:
- Managing risk is the cornerstone of financial security for individuals and families in today’s economy. A foundation of risk management is the key to protecting yourself and those you care about against the financial challenges that occur when people live too long, die too soon or become sick or injured.
- Unforeseen threats will continue to affect our national economy. Natural disasters such as the earthquake in Japan or unrest in the Middle East impact today’s consumers. However, Forbes agreed that our nation’s economy will continue to overcome these obstacles in the long-term based on our markets and infrastructure.
- The fundamentals of financial security to build wealth include long-term savings. Forbe recommended that consumers stick with the basics such as putting money away week after week and working with a trusted advisor on a holistic plan.
Sitting L to R: John Orsini, Rick Mayer, Mike Katz, Sr., Donna Howe
Standing L to R: Dr. Rajani Nadkarni, Kevin Myatt, Dr. Steve Fleischman, John Bisack, (Ray), Margie Keeley
L to R: (Forbes), (Ray), Kevin Myatt, John Orsini, Dr. Steven Fleischman, Rick Mayer